The popular game as Java
client/server edition for playing over the Internet or on the LAN.
- Client/server application, client applet
- Sound for hit, countersunk, etc.
- Configurable language, field size, colors, # of ships, etc.; see config.htm for options
- Ships can be positioned freely via mouse drag
- Supports diagonal ships
- Client configuration changes to the server's when connecting
- Lightweight webserver for a more comfortable usage of the applet
- Dedicated server with virtual lobby
- Sept/Oct 2008: Implemented dedicated server; UI updates
- November 2008: Added support for extended character sets, e.g. Chinese
- February 2011: Dedicated server as .NET executable, now also as a service
- March 2011: Changed concept how dedicated server manages connections: there's
now a virtual lobby represented by a selection list from which you can pick your opponent by player name
Other Practice Projects